installs

This forum is for HTP's Pioneer product line.

Moderator: Jason.Alpert

installs

Postby japlumbing » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:06 am

Hello, I was intoduced to the htp line of products from my supply house F W WEBB....I am very interested in your products.I install on the average of one or two boilers a week here in the Boston area, mosty thru the oil to gas program..Many of my customers are typical gravity converted, or the monoflow.systems,with add on copper base board and kickers...Do you feel the Pioneer is the right fit in these situations..I understand this is a generic type question..Do you find any type of heating systems that the Pioneer is not a good fit for...And If so why? I sent in a email thru your contact us and never received an answer..Thanks j a
japlumbing

Re: installs

Postby BrentAldenn » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:58 pm

HTP, Inc. thanks you for the interest in our products, the pioneer was developed and intended for this purpose, to allow contractors to offer customers a highly efficient modulating condensing appliance without the need for primary/secondary piping or buffer tank required with low mass boiler installation, the pioneer offers hydronic stabilization, low maintenance and a myriad of installation possibilities so in my opinion the pioneer would be a viable option for any project.
BrentAldenn

Re: installs

Postby Josh Cayea ES » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:38 pm

japlumbing wrote:Hello, I was intoduced to the htp line of products from my supply house F W WEBB....I am very interested in your products.I install on the average of one or two boilers a week here in the Boston area, mosty thru the oil to gas program..Many of my customers are typical gravity converted, or the monoflow.systems,with add on copper base board and kickers...Do you feel the Pioneer is the right fit in these situations..I understand this is a generic type question..Do you find any type of heating systems that the Pioneer is not a good fit for...And If so why? I sent in a email thru your contact us and never received an answer..Thanks j a

Agree with Brent that the Pioneer is a great choice. The Pioneer is a great retrofit boiler, but think it is really the best at jobs that use either radiant floor heat, or have small zones that could short cycle a typical wall hung boiler. The Pioneer qualifies for a $1000.00 rebate from Gas Networks.

On typical homes with baseboard or air handlers, I tend to lean toward the Elite FT (55, 80, and 110 sizes) since the 97% AFUE gets you a $1500.00 rebate instead. This additional $500.00 in rebate money can mean the difference between winning and losing a job.

Both boilers can be installed with no primary pump (3 smallest EFT sizes only), so installation is easy for both.
Josh Cayea
Emerson Swan Applied & Distribution Products Outside Sales

Central Massachusetts
MA and NH Licensed Gasfitter
MA Licensed HVAC Sheetmetal Installer
Josh Cayea ES

Return to Pioneer